Email Campaign Archive
Ask to join our mailing list, email email@example.com
- 12/23/2021 – The Greatest Musical Concert ~ Days for Girls ~ Tikvah V’Or ~ Cuddle Bundles ~ Mum for Mum Apologies, we reopen 24 January 2022. Wishing you a happy 2022.
- 11/28/2021 – Happy Chanukah, 98th NCJWA NSW AGM
- 11/11/2021 – Alexandra Joel ~ Rosetta | Lion Spy | AGM | Davina Ash link to recording | Eco friendly investing | NCW 125th Anniversary
- 09/03/2021 – Shana Tova 5782
- 08/27/2021 – National Board ~ Janet Henegan Mum for Mum ~ Women, feminism & Jewish life, Connections
- 08/20/2021 – CUDDLES BUNDLES program ~ Why Online Hatred & Antisemitism is a Women’s Issue Sunday 22 August 8pm
- 08/11/2021 – Dr Anne Sarzin Mazal Tov, Why Peace is a Women’s Issue, Shira Sebban view video of event, Gillian Polack Save the date
- 07/23/2021 – Shira Sebban event 9 August, ICJW newsletter, 2021 Mina Fink lecture – Why Empower Women, Covid insights, Dr Yona Gilead
PLUS 61J High Holdy Days Supplement 2021
NCJWA Statement on 18C & Freedom of Speech December 9, 2016
We believe that the Racial Discrimination Act (RDA) plays a crucial role in ensuring that vulnerable people are protected from hate speech and vilification based on race.
We believe that freedom of speech is a very important right but not an absolute right and is not a human right above all others. Together with rights come responsibilities. Together with the right of freedom of speech comes the responsibility to not incite hatred. Further this inquiry implies that the only limitation on free speech is the regulation of hate speech. This is not the case and there are many other laws that limit speech including defamation, libel, harassment and advertising regulation.
Just as freedom of speech should be valued, so should the right of people to be part of a free and fair society without suffering the emotional and mental harm caused by hate speech, which can often have physical and life threatening implications.
Click here for NCJWA Statement on 18C & Freedom of Speech dated December 9, 2016.
Click on the images below for the links
Wolper Jewish Hospital offers a free test for a number of genetically inherited diseases including including Tay-Sachs disease which is more common in descendants of Ashkenazi Jews. Please click here for more information.